Sunday, October 28, 2007

Arrrrghhhh!

I was all full of myself and feeling good because I finished a couple of UFOs. But after closer examination one of them needs some ripping out and adjusting. Drat.

But this is done anyway.It's the sawtooth star block for the guild's Block Party. We were given the dark striped fabric, instructions and a lesson on contrast...what part of the block (or quilt) do you choose to be the focal point. The center design and where to use the dark fabric were our choice. I messed around forever choosing the other fabrics out of my stash. I think it looks ok. I'm not sure I really want to win all the blocks but I'm really interested to see what Mom comes up with, and the other block makers.

1 comment:

meggie said...

I really like that fresh clean look. Cant wait to see more.