Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"AIDS Quilt Visits the Triangle"

Many years ago I made a quilt for the NAMES Project with a friend, in memory of her brother. The local quilt guild brought this News & Observer article to my attention yesterday. I haven't seen the block since it was dedicated. I don't know where it's touring right now but I'm thrilled to see the blocks are available for viewing online. His quilt is the one on the bottom-right of this block. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.
She went to see the last display of the whole AIDS Memorial Quilt in 1996 when it covered the entire National Mall in Washington DC. What an experience that must have been! I'm sorry I missed it.
It'll be wonderful when we don't have to make these anymore....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you will not believe that the QUILT was on display at County College of Morris in Early Dec.
I thought about going...
Mixed emotions..about Joe...
*sigh*