Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

This is cute. Mrs. Goodneedle featured it on her weblog today. When I was in grammar school I got 100% on just about every written spelling test I took. I could never do a spelling bee though. I can't spell out loud! :-)




Your Spelling is Perfect



You got 10/10 correct.



Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.



Lest anyone think I've not been sewing, I have...kinda. When my arms aren't aching from all the gardening! And the Bernina is still in the shop....sigh. I was told it would take about a week. So when I called, they said oh no, it usually takes at least two weeks. Sheesh.

Today I drove the truck into the yard for mulch unloading. I have to tell you this urbanite still gets a little thrill from driving vehicles on the grass. It feels so daring! LOL It's just not something we ever did in urban New Jersey.


We've also discovered an issue with the septic. Icky smelly stuff is coming up under one of the bird feeders. Ewwwwwww.


So one yard of mulch is in place and fenced to keep the dog out.


But I still have all this, this and this to do, to say nothing of all around the other sides of the house. At least it's a short trip to pick up another load. Small blessings. Sigh....




3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ruh-roh. We had that leeching problem in a house we used to live in -- the house was new and after a few years, "stuff" started leeching to the surface. It turned out that they hadn't laid the proper "fall" for the pipe and the "stuff" took the course of least resistance since it couldn't make it up a small incline. So, maybe this means you have a clog somewhere? I missed one on the spelling test -- how can that be LOL??? I wish it would tell me what my mistake was. Was it a lot vs. alot??? LOL.

Cathie said...

HI Katie! Looks like you're going to have quite a garden this year. I drive my jeep all over our property - isn't it fun. I laugh because we lived in a subdivision in South Florida where you had to put in for permission from the agricultural committee to plant a bush.

Katie said...

I'm another Katie and just found your blog. I too live with a septic system. Thimbleanna is right, you need to find the cause, which could be one or more broken tile. They now have such stringent rules in my county in MI that a new system usually has to be put in. My BIL had to do this and it cost way over $10,000. This was a few years ago and would be higher now. Hope you can find and fix the problem. I'm glad you fenced the area off but be careful anyway. Easy to get sick.
Good Luck!