Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What is that???

In between household chores and going to the gym, today I've been alternately sitting at my computer and cutting fabrics for the Old Tobacco Road mystery quilt. I had just taken a photo of my cut fabrics...
...when I spotted something strange on the bird feeder pole. I couldn't see it properly with the binoculars so I grabbed the camera and went outside to see. It was the biggest bug holding another big bug (I think). Creepy. I couldn't get the camera to focus quickly enough and it flew up to the roof. So this is the best picture I could get. Not much good! :-)

It was huge. At least three inches long. *shiver*

So instead I finished up the batteries in the camera on wrestling dogs. Yes...the lawn needs mowing...badly!

Ivy seems to favor the drop-and-roll strategy. Lots of teeth and rattling tags but it's mostly a silent game. Just a grunt or a hum from Ngaire now and then. They were wrestling all around my cutting table earlier and it was like an old silent movie comedy. I had background music going and as the dogs moved around various body parts would pop into view above the edge of the table then disappear again. All very silently. It always makes me laugh. :-D

1 comment:

meggie said...

Your images of the dogs wrestling around your machine made me laugh out loud!
Loved the tour of your garden. Hope the winds dont do damage.