Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Looky what I got! From Nancy. Thanks! It's always good to know (despite what the children think) that you're cool! LOL

So the rules are:


1. Post about the award

2. Link back to the givee.

3. Place the award on my sidebar

4. Choose 10 blogs that I think are cool.

Well now that's the hard part isn't it. I use NetNewsWire for reading blogs and I currently have 131 on the list. Yikes! Which ones are coolest? All of them, or I wouldn't be taking time away from sewing to read them. :-)

So here are 10 somewhat eclectic choices, in no particular order, that you might...or might not...want to check out.

Brian Oh to be young, hip, and in The City.
I can haz cheez burger I can't have a cat of my own but I hate to miss any of the lolcats. Too funny.
Bent Objects It must be really interesting to live with someone whose mind works like his. Lots of talent!
Tanya It's always lovely to read about Japan and to see her wonderful quilts.
Anita It's great to see the quilts she's working on. I hope I can be half as good one day!
Bonnie I need to thank her for the three mysteries and all the work she put in this year for me and for all of us quilters.
I love to read Laila and May Britt's blogs. Not only do they make wonderful things and show such wonderful views of Norway, but they write in English. I'm a one language person (despite the efforts of my parents and teachers) and am always so impressed by the many folks who take the time to write in English or in multiple languages. So this is a shout out to all of them!
Goodnight Raleigh Always interesting and a wonderful way to learn more about this new place I live in.
Ikea Hacker In New Jersey I lived within striking distance of not one, but two Ikeas. How I miss them! Some of the items featured in this blog come under the heading of "people with too much time on their hands", but some of it's quite clever.

So that's it. Back to washing floors. Family is coming for Thanksgiving and I at least need to get most of the dog hair up! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

5 comments:

Tine said...

Congratulations on your award :)
And thank you for all the links! New (to me) and fun blogs to visit! I think I'll be off to Norway first :)

May Britt said...

Thanks for the award and thank you for visiting my blog. I write in english because then I reach all you wonderful quilters all over the world.

Anonymous said...

Katie, Thanks for you note on my blog....I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my visit with Capital Quilters. Knowing I could drive to Raleigh from the mountains made me a free woman! I really did need an excuse to explore this new state I live in and not having to get on an airplane was a fabulous break! Hope to return someday!

Your blog is great!
Warmly,
Mary

Poyla said...

You are so kind. I believe you seriously over exaggerated my state of hip-itude though. Nerd-atude maybe :) Thanks for the kind words!

Tanya said...

Thank you! I wish I had more quilty stuff being posted on my blog... Thank you for always visiting. Ngaire and Ivy look sooo patient in those last pictures! Give them a hug from me!