Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tangled

Prompted by some posts on the FOCD (Friends of Cloth Dolls) Yahoo Group I recently finished a small UFO.  Nothing overly exciting, but it's done.  A few months back my doll club decided to make pancake dolls and paint them.  Of course I went off on my own tangent (nothing new) and made a 3D bird.  I used the Spool bird pattern.  I was unhappy with my paint job on it so I decided to Zentangle over it.  It's a pretty rough job.  Drawing on a 3D object is really awkward and I'm sure is something that needs lots of practice.  :-)


I just had to do "feathers"!




Cute.  Now what do I do with it???  :-)

Today I did blocks 10 and 11 of the Temecula Quilt Co. mystery.  Such tiny pieces to work with.  I'm loving it.


While I work in here this is what goes on behind me.  They are unstuffing toys (and farting).


Keeping me close company (and farting).


Blocking the way to the iron (and farting).


Waiting for Charlie to throw food (and farting).


Anyone who has a dog knows they can sleep and fart too.  Sigh.  I think I need to make change in their diet.


Sorry about that.  Just sharing a bit of my current reality.  ;-)

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

ha ha! love the bird you made, it looks so cute, what marker did you use?? stick him near your parrot???
I'm sending one fart from my dog over to your dogs! figured they'd like to sniff that :-)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow that bird is amazing....I love the drawings...so pretty!

Carla said...

I adore that bird. I would hang it in my sewing room. I cannot do zentangles. I have a boston terrier and boy do I know farting! Temecula! I just finished block 12 and cannot wait to see how she is setting it. Several on our smallquilttalk group are doing it.
dollartistcarla@aol.com (not the google address)

Twisted Quilts said...

I am so laughing at your dogs and their farting! I know exactly what you mean.